History of business
Glenelg Shoe Repairs originally started in 1928 by Cecil (Colly) Coulter at 168b Jetty Road Glenelg South Australia.
After completing his apprenticeship at Bells in Murray Bridge he moved to Glenelg and struck out on his own. He was something of a local identity as he was also the local Brass Band leader and the local handy man. In the 1950s he took on an apprentice Keith Patching and also moved the business to 168a Jetty Road Glenelg. Keith worked for Cecil until 1974 when he bought the business off of Cecil Coulter. Keith ran the business solo with occasional help from his family.
In January 2000, Brian Birchwood purchased the business from Keith Patching and runs it to this present day. In May 2010, with the help of family and friends, Brian moved the business to its current location at Shop 2, 1-5 Sussex Street Glenelg, just off Jetty Road Glenelg.